I am experienced, enthusiastic and eager to put my strong written and oral communication skills to work for you!
BA in Communication, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA (2018)
- Public Relations concentration
- Minors in Journalism and Russian Language
AA in Liberal Arts, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Charlottesville, VA (2015)
Advanced Diploma, Monticello High School, Charlottesville, VA (2013)
Public Relations Intern, The Optical Society, Washington D.C. (Spring 2017)
- Monitored, tracked & analyzed media coverage
- Administered media and influencer contact lists
- Wrote and distributed press releases
- Produced a weekly summary newsletter for intra-organizational distribution
- Assisted in coordinating events
Staff Writer, Fourth Estate, Fairfax, VA (Aug. 2016 – Present)
- Produced articles for print and online publication
- Supplied accompanying photography upon request
DJ & Sound Engineer, WGMU, Fairfax, VA (Jan. 2016 – Present)
- Produced over 100+ hours of diverse on-air content, from standard rotation shows to news/talk
- Maintained and operated studio equipment during live sporting events
- Engaged listeners and other publics on WGMU’s social media pages
Public Relations Intern, Theresa Coates Ellis for Manassas City Council, Manassas, VA (Fall 2016)
- Monitored media coverage
- Conducted opposition research
- Produced press releases and other promotional materials
Staff Writer, Online Editor & Treasurer , The Forum, Charlottesville, VA (Jan. – May 2015)
- Wrote Articles for print and online publication
- Copy-edited articles for AP style compliance
- Collaborated with a team to craft a cohesive and aesthetically appropriate journalistic publication
- Managed The Forum‘s social media pages and online presence
- Drafted budget proposals and managed The Forum‘s finances
- AP Style.
- Technology: InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Meltwater & Vertex.
- Foreign Language: Fluency in English and intermediate fluency in Russian. Working knowledge of Spanish and German.
Writing samples, references and portfolio available upon request